Are you passionate about disability rights and gender justice?
Do you want to challenge the sexist and ableist patriarchy with us?
We're looking for you!
We are looking for a young, enthusiastic and energetic feminist* interested in and passionate about disability rights to join our small and dynamic team. The primary responsibilities include working closely with the programs team by providing organizational, communication, programmatic and logistical support.
All interested candidates are requested to send an updated CV and a cover letter in Word and PDF formats at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're accepting applications until the position is filled.
Please find details below:
Job Role: Programs Officer
Location: Presently - Work from home/Remote; in the future - Mumbai
Masters in social sciences, women’s human rights, disability studies, health, counselling, development studies, community development, gender or a related field is preferred. Preferred candidates with 2 to 5 years of experience in the relevant fields.
- Basic knowledge about India’s disability environment (laws /conventions).
- Willingness and sensitivity to learn.
- Interest in intersectional approaches in work.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multi-tasking
- social media skills
- Proficiency in language -written and spoken Hindi and English.
- Ability to plan, organise and execute grassroots events.
- Adherence to timelines and committed to deadlines.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Self motivated and ability to work in a dynamic flexible environment and small teams.
- Photography + video and sound editing skills and photoshop skills would be a plus.
What will you gain if you join rising flame?
- Knowledge and experience in working with different movements like disability rights and women’s rights movements
- Opportunity to work with a highly experienced team of disability rights activists and disabled feminists
- Opportunity to engage and work closely with other disability activists and activists from other movements
- Opportunity to engage with grassroots spaces and field workers
- Opportunity to gain exposure on policy advocacy
- Opportunity to co-design strategies and programs
- Learning organisational and management skills
*Salary competent as per industry standards and considering work experience if any.
*Rising Flame is an inclusive and safe work space. Persons living with disabilities and with other marginalised identities are strongly encouraged to apply.