Are you passionate about disability rights and gender justice?
Do you want to challenge the sexist and ableist patriarchy with us?
Do you believe in social media as a force for change?
We are looking for enthusiastic feminists passionate about disability rights to join our small and dynamic team. You will work with us to strategise our social media communications and amplify our reach online.
Social media platforms are core to how Rising Flame reaches out to our audiences. We are looking for a Social Media Strategist and Content Creator who will expand our reach and boost engagement within our communities and audiences, while making sure every piece of communication is in line with our organisational vision and messaging.
- Strategise and plan social media activities for the organisation as a whole and specific to each social media site
- Day-to-day execution and management of all our social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Create posts—including graphics, short videos, and text—for these channels
- Build our overall presence and expand it to new social media sites
- Promote our programmes, reports and publications, and other efforts for maximum impact with cohesive, cross-platform stories
- Research social media marketing strategies and build targeted campaigns that get results
- At least 3 years of experience in social media execution, ideally in the development sector
- Self-driven and comfortable working in a small team with little supervision
- Excellent English copywriting skills
- Working knowledge of Hindi
- Strong design sensibilities
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience in Canva
- Experience in image editing and design software is a plus
- Understanding of accessibility in social media is a plus
We’d prefer the position to be based in Delhi, but we will consider remote candidates.
Rising Flame is an inclusive, safe and fun workplace. As a feminist disability rights organisation, we offer immense opportunities for learning about disability justice and accessibility, as well as using a feminist lens in analysis and communication. Persons living with disabilities and other marginalised identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive salaries based on industry standards and work experience. All interested candidates are requested to send an updated CV and a cover letter in Word and PDF formats at email@example.com. (Please ensure you include both Word and PDF files for accessibility, else your application may not be considered.)